The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Monza 110.511
In Response To: Heuer Monza 110.511 *PIC* ()

Hi Rich.

Looks ok to me. I really like these, it's the combination of black and red that does it for me (being an 80s teenager probably has a lot to answer for!!). Not a Monza expert, but all the hands look right too, which isn't always the case...

Here's the model from a 1978 catalogue:

The subdials are different because it is indeed a Cal 12, so there is no perpetual seconds register, unlike the Cal 15 Monzas that have this at 10 o'clock. A 110.501 looks pretty much the same but just has the Heuer shield on the dial, no Monza wording.

We had a discussion over the Monza's relative lack of popularity quite recently, following Arno's posting of a pic of his Cal 15 example:

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=27429

Underappreciated probably means undervalued, though, so you may be able to pick up a Monza bargain compared to some of the other models - not sure they made all that many, though, and the lifecycle wasn't the longest so restricted supply probably keeps the prices high enough that there aren't any real out-and-out bargains to be had.

Definitely a nicer watch than the (unrelated) Tag-Heuer Monzas that first drew you to the site though, wouldn't you agree? ;)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE