The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Movement-question
In Response To: Re: Movement-question ()

I see your point with the master reference table.
I hope i wasn't premiture in making the assumption on Cal.12 Monaco's.
It was based on the fact that Heuer had found issues come up with the Cal.11 movement and its 'sudden ' change of date from 11:45 to midnight.
The fact that the Cal.12 is the improved version of the Cal.11 ( with its higher rate and improved date change mechanism ) its hard to imagine Heuer would continue to use the Cal.11( by '71 an inferior movement ) in the Monaco when they had ceased placing them in Autavia's and Carrera's.

Maybe one of our members can confirm/deny this fact.

- Darren

: Hi darren!
: Yes,lets have some spring here in Denmark.
: The reason I ask is that the Heuer Chronograph Master reference
: Table here on OnTheDash only mentions cal. 11 in connection with
: the Monaco.
: Every 1133-movement I have seen have been fitted with Cal. 11. But
: I could be wrong.
: Jan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE