The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Many bright sides
In Response To: Re: Many bright sides ()

: Don't worry, TAG Heuer have a pretty good record at putting the
: Basel concepts on sale:

: Microtimer - went on general sale
: Monaco Sixty-Nine - on sale as a limited edition
: Carrera 360 - went on sale as a number of limited editions
: Grand Carrera Calibre 36 Caliper (phew!) - about to go on sale in a
: couple of versions
: Monaco V4 - er, well... er...yes...it will go on sale...
: we're tooling up for it...errr.../nods enthusiastically whilst
: backing away

I'd forgotten the Monaco 360 LS and the Diamond Fiction, so their record of making the Basel prototypes available for sale is a bit patchier than I first thought above, particularly where Monacos are concerned... :s

Still, this Monaco 24 looks fairly grounded in reality without particularly new or over-complicated movement so chances are pretty good, I'd say. What I hadn't appreciated from this photo, though, and is entirely clear in the new photos ( http://www.tagheuer.com/basel2009/index.lbl?lang=en ) is that this is a round dial suspended in the square case. Interesting...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE