The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Your favourite Heuer Watch ?

Great idea Arno!

As a child of the 80s (born in `77 to be exact),I`m kinda biased towards that late 70s/early 80s feel.Now if you mix that with a bit of PVD,you`ve got a good idea of where I stand..

Oh,and I also think the offset dial of a cal.15 is a really cool design feature

I of course enjoy and appreciate the true classics like the Autavias,Carreras and Monacos,but since good pieces are scarce and somewhat out of my price range for the moment,I`m building my modest collection on the ones I really got a feel for.

Right,here it goes:

1. The PVD Monza (150.501)

With it`s total blackness contrasted by the red hands and markings,it really sums up that 70s feel for me.

I could also use a matching Ferrari to go with it.At least a Dino..

2. The olive Regatta (134.602)

I`ll say it again,this is the watch God himself would wear if he ever took to racing sailboats.

Big,clunky and seriously cool!

3. The PVD Monaco (740.303N)

I really,really want one..

4. The "McQueen" Monaco (1133B)

But one of these would do for now.

5. The Professional 200 m. Divers (844 or 980.quartz series)

I`m not kidding! These are so rugged and raw,proper tool watch.

I`ve got four but I`m still searching for an orange dial .007..

This is my list today,but tomorrow..? who knows.

By the way,great book Arno,It`s taught me a great deal of what I know about the wonderful marque of Heuer.
Waiting for volume 2!

Cheers

Marius

: Hi Graham,

: thank you for reminding ! I had totally forgotten the black
: Monaco....

: Yesterday at the Munich watchfair I had one in hand in very nice
: original condition, numbers matching with some cool patina.

: Jasper would you want to share some photos ?

: Cheers

: Arno

: www.heuerchronographs.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE