The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Your favourite Heuer Watch ?
In Response To: Your favourite Heuer Watch ? ()

For me, the Calculators have it all--nice size and heft, classic Heuer style, and the technical bezel that is like nothing else before or since--I'm somewhat partial to my black dial 150--how many of these are kicking around?

Arno--the special execution 1153 S on p. 148 is magnificent. If it's fair to include such a rare watch that would be at the top of my list:

1. Carrera 1153 S with Silver/Ochre; uber classic with dazzling colors
2. Autavia 11630 T like Shaun's that just sold on ebay; balance, super-substantial watch, graphic clarity
3. Calculator 150633 black dial; if a 46mm tool watch can look sexy, this is it
4. Monaco 1533 Gray; gray dial + Monaco case + asymetrical dial just all comes together here
5. Camaro 7220 with contrasting subs; this is perhaps the iconic vintage sports chronograph--more elan than the classic Carreras, which are beautiful, but a trifle on the dull side for my taste
6. Montreal 110503 N black dial; essence of Heuer, great color
7. Carrera 110573 F; modern, elegant, intoxicating dial, old school colors
8. Verona 110213 G; wow! might be higher on the list if I was ever lucky enough to see in person; that is just a flat out spectacular watch that I never saw before Arno presented it...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE