The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: new 40th Monaco beside vintage Monaco

Thanks Abel and Armando.

What a disappointingly ugly movement, dominated by that big rotor - at least the original micro rotor lets us see more of the movement. I guess I'd read your earlier post Abel and must have repressed the memory thanks to the ugliness of the thing! ;)

Let's hope the "proper" manufacture gets underway at TH soon and they give us some attractive movements, though a lot of automatics are fairly identikit nowadays - I guess there's only so much you can do with more or less the same set of components... I think manual-wind movements still tend to look nicer because they don't have to be dominated by a big rotor, though even those have often looked pretty similar over the years.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE