The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: new 40th Monaco beside vintage Monaco

: Thanks Abel and Armando.

: What a disappointingly ugly movement, dominated by that big rotor -
: at least the original micro rotor lets us see more of the
: movement. I guess I'd read your earlier post Abel and must have
: repressed the memory thanks to the ugliness of the thing! ;)

: Let's hope the "proper" manufacture gets underway
: at TH soon and they give us some attractive movements, though a
: lot of automatics are fairly identikit nowadays - I guess
: there's only so much you can do with more or less the same set
: of components... I think manual-wind movements still tend to
: look nicer because they don't have to be dominated by a big
: rotor, though even those have often looked pretty similar over
: the years.

Microrotors seem to be the exclusive realm of Patek Philippe and Universal Geneva nowadays. Even recently launched chrono manufacture auto movements from Ebel and Breitling use the standard size rotor. An interesting development is the new Bucherer calibre with a "peripheric" rotor, which allows an unobstructed view of the movement, but there is no a chrono version available yet.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE