The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Golden Hours - Automatic gold L5100
In Response To: Re: One I wish they'd made... ()

I think they chose not to use the Carrera name on this one for the case shape is the same as the 510.50x and not the cushion one of the L5100 Carreras (510.511 and 510.523).
On the other hand this is really a wonderful piece and I remember Chuck writing it was probably one of the very few Lemania 5100's ever put in gold cases: I only know of Fortis Cosmonauts as well in fact. How heavy however this should have been: already the steel-cased ones are some of the heaviest watch I've felt.

As for a contest between the Pasadena and the 510.501, I may certainly be biased towards the L5100 but it's really no competition in my opinion: it's the 510.501 a thousand times over - fluted pushers, much brighter dial and of course a L5100 at its heart. And I do own a Pasadena as well, and I like it...

Cheers.

Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE