The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Lemania 5100 Carreras

Hi Mark, looks really like we share the same taste: in fact my favourite daily wearears are a 510.501 ('nicely worn' indeed, not NOS / mint but not beaten either) and the polished Carrera 510.523, the dial of which is made even clearer by the bulging plexy glass. These are the watches I am most comfortable wearing in all occasions too, they seem to fit well with a casual and a business attire as well. And all of them obtained from other forum regulars or connections of theirs, BTW.

And yet again when I started getting into Heuers, spurred by the classically-styled 1964 re-edition Carrera, I was all in the 'classic Carrera' hype only: thin hands, "pure design" etc.. The L5100 ones seemed the least desiderable of all at the time...how tastes change over time!

As for Autavias, also hoping to avoid purists' wrath ;-P, I would put the first automatic ones as the ones I like most: the Siffert is by far the best one for me (if I'm not wrong, "third execution" in Arno's classification : cal.12, all-number hour counter, blue-tipped brushed hands) but I really love the Viceroy as well. But immediately after those I'd put the latest ones, all the PVD's and the black dialled / brushed case / Jubilee-bracelet 11630MH with 11063 case. Not the golden plated one, though...

Cheers.

Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE