The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Just bought this Autavia 1163

I make no claim to being an Autavia expert, but it looks like a straight 1163 MH to me. The hands do have the correct orange tips - you can just make it out on the minute timekeeping hand, it's faded beyond recognition on the hour hand.

Just needs to get to you now! I've used EMS a lot, mainly to import electricals from Japan, and in my experience only selected parcels will attract import duties - though it has been a year or two since I've brought anything in. This in contrast to, for example, Fedex, who appear to be charging customs duties on every ex-EU package nowadays. If your package is selected, I think watches are 4% Zollsatz in addition to the 19% EUSt, so you'll pay somewhere around a quarter on top of the purchase price.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE