The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Just bought this Autavia 1163
In Response To: Just bought this Autavia 1163 ()

Hello Oliver,

Congratulations with this one...and I must admit I was also tempted to buy it...

I just love the colour-scheme of these "Orange-boys"...I only saw one "in the metal" and immediately fell in love. They're quite rare, and if you find one they have suffered severely. The orange paint on dial and hands seem to be very sensitive for UV light...

Your example seems to be completely original, however plexi crystal and case seemed to be polished very heavily...but looking nice! Nice GF bracelet too!

Also the movement is looking good.

For what concerns shipping and import taxes its very simple...or you opt for uninsured registered delivery (here in Belgium automatically insured up to 500 euro, ofcourse except watches and jewelry...). Option 2 is you choose for a courier service like UPS, FedEx, DHL....and get it shipped with value underdeclared (however this is ofcourse not legal and contains risks), positive thing is you always get very precise and updated tracking info. The last option is thesame service but with full insurance. Important is to always read the fineprint of the insurance rules of the courier service you use. With this last option it will be very likely you'll have to pay extra taxes.

Two more hints for packing and shipping watches...first of all...always make sure the watch has been packed in a small box that is packad at its turn in a bigger box, bith well sealed with tape and with name and address. Second hint is never to write in the description there is a watch inside the package...use your imagination, for example: "Small machinery" or something like this...

I hope this might help...

Cheers,
Abel.

: Hi,

: I couldn't resist and bought this Autavia Ref. 1163 with Guy
: Frères bracelet, just couldn't resist. My two concerns: the
: seller lives in Uruguay and customs will ask for some money.
: What do you think about the watch? Pictures look very nice, I
: think.

: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180376231551

: Thanks.

: Greetings,
: oliver

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE