The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: This one is genuine...
In Response To: Re: This one is genuine... ()

Thanks all!

I loved this watch at first sight - and I have to confess my inclination for "project" things (vintage cars, bikes, watches, pens...), so I can always brag the before-after effect! LOL

I think the matter worths the discussion. It's really nice to have a forum like that so we can exchange so valuable info and opinions.
Thanks especially Mark, Craig, Jarl and Fabrizzio for helping me with this topic!

: Yep, early execution 3641, as per the 1962 catalogue (and possibly
: earlier). I've never been too clear on 50s Heuers so couldn't
: say whether these were out before that catalogue too. Jarl's
: knowledge of this era Heuers is excellent, so a nod from him is
: as good a recommendation as you'll get, I reckon.

: You're right about the crown too Guilherme, it's way too thick. But
: then crowns are an easily changed part, and we see this
: sometimes on early Carreras too, where the thin unsigned crown
: has been replaced with a thick crown (Heuer or generic).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE