The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Reality Check: Can There be Only 150 of the 1158 Carreras?

OK, guys . . . we keep hearing that there are only 150 of the 18 karat gold automatic Carreras, from the 1970's (Reference 1158). But I am having trouble believeing in this number.

We have five different models or versions of the 1158 (lines E-4, E-5, E-9, E-10, E-23 and E-32 in our Carrera reference table), with differences in the dial colors, registers and hands.

How is it possible that Heuer made six different versions of this watch, with total production of 150 pieces? How is the survival rate so high, with our seeing several of these bought and sold every year? Perhaps there is one execution that was limited to 150 pieces, but surely there are more than 150 of the 1158 Carreras?

Please help me out with these Carreras . . . what am I missing here?

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Reality Check: Can There be Only 150 of the 1158 Carreras?
the ghost
Re: the ghost
Only 150 of the 1158 Carrera?
Re: Reality Check: Can There be Only 150 of the 1158 Carrera
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE