The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: the ghost
In Response To: the ghost ()

You're welcome Gianvittorio.

I can understand why some people might not like a tool watch in a big lump of gold, but I don't see that this can be anything but a classic Heuer Peter. Gifted to some of the best F1 drivers of an era (including my personal favourite Gilles Villeneuve); modelled on many occasions by Niki Lauda:

and, not least, the favourite Heuer of all from the man largely responsible for Heuer's 60s and 70s heyday, Jack Heuer himself.

I think sometimes the 1153 doesn't always get the recognition it deserves either; for me, a watch worthy of holding its head high alongside the 2447 as one of the classic Carreras. Perhaps not the grace of the Carrera 12, but it substitutes a purposeful presence in a still pleasing case - Sophia Loren to the 2447's Audrey Hepburn perhaps :)

All reasons why I hold this Carrera in high esteem. Though like I said, I can see why it might not float everyone's boat.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE