The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Help Please, repairing a setting crown that comes unscrewed

Hi, I first want to say this forum is so great, I am so very happy that it exists and that there are so many people participating with such interesting stories to tell, watches to share and helpful tips to give to fellow watch enthusiasts.

I have a Heuer Monaco chronomatic 1133G, the crown on it comes loose and can be unscrewed when I try and set the time, is there a quick fix with out me having to open up the watch to tighten it or send it in for servicing. Will some super glue or other bonding agent do the trick, could that take away from the value or would it be hard to unscrew for someone servicing the watch later on should I need to send it in to be serviced.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and info on what has worked for you in a similar situation.

Thank You for all your help

Best Regards

Jonathan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE