The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
glue + watches = regret

Please keep that Krazy Glue as far away from your Monaco as possible. Best thing of course is to go inside the watch and have the stem pulled out, held tightly and the crown hand-tightened. I suppose if you were daring (or slightly crazy) you could try a toothpick dab of Loctite 243 (the type that can be loosened later) but you probably still won't get the correct pressure tightening down the crown on the thread. And I mean the tiniest little dab you've ever dabbed. A very narrow-ended tweezer, with the exposed stem thread wrapped to avoid stripping it might give you the back-pressure you need to hand-tighten the crown correctly.

In the end, I'd say bite the bullet and have somebody go inside the watch. Or maybe somebody has a more clever solution. Good luck!

Regards - Bill Mahoney

www.Squinky.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE