The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 2009: The (Vintage Heuer) Year in Review

Who'd have thought what started as a spreadsheet for my own personal use would have ended up becoming the updated OTD Carrera table with more than 100 entries?! It originally just had discrete models in it - Jeff was the one who introduced the concept of executions of the specific models that saw it grow and grow until it became what it is now, hopefully a very helpful resource for anyone looking to buy a vintage Carrera or to identify one they already have.

The expansion of some of the Carrera sections in line with the table no doubt helps too. A picture tells a thousand words, they say, and in the vintage Heuer world that is certainly true. And it even lead to me finally organising my photo archives as well, which was long overdue!

Collecting this year focussed on second generation Carreras, but also introduced me to the barrel-cased third generation, which I'd never previously been that keen on. Having bought some, I got into them a lot more and now really like their 70s style.

I first wrote about my grail Carrera 1158 CHN in March, definitely my favourite second gen acquisition of the year. Probably still not quite some people's cup of tea, but look at how talked about these solid gold Heuers have become at the end of the year!

A few contributors have picked up on how they are now trending earlier with their collections; I believe we might see more of this during 2010 and it's how I might look to develop my own collection's direction too.

Let's hope for a year of some great watches and a few surprises too! Happy New Year everyone.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE