The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Notice the "Discontinued" and "Replaced"

Arno:

I know that you are interested in the timeline of the Heuers, and you seek to learn when the various models were discontinued) not only when they were introduced). I am sure that you noticed the interesting notations on the US price list from March 1973 . . . we see many beloved watched that had already been replaced (2446 and 2447), others that were discontinued, meaning no further production (2547).

To me, this 1973 price list is very interesting, in showing these transitions within the Heuer line-up . . . In terms of the watches being available, this is when we moved from the 1960s into the heart of the 1970s.

Jeff

: Jeff, that seems correct to me, the swiss francs always had
: quite similar values than the german deutsch mark, sometimes 10
: % plus.
: I remember the $ beeing at least 3 times plus the swiss francs or
: deutschmark. Around 7 to 8 austrian shillings were equivalet to
: 1 swiss francs or deutschmark.
: Due to the strong trade relations between the neighboring countries
: this currency relation was kept for a long time.
: Hope that helps.

: Cheers

: Arno

: www.heuerchronographs.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE