The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Autavia GMT 2446C need Help please

Hi Amer
I have the same Autavia GMT as you. It is NOS with serial number 1312xx. I can confirm that my example has smooth pushers and a large crown (approximately 6.5mm diameter & 3.5mm deep). In the picture below there are reflections on the pushers but I assure you that these are smooth and NOT fluted. However, in Arno's book page 39 his example which has the same dial and hands as ours, has fluted pushers. If you look at the pictures of this reference on the OTD site both style pushers are found on these examples. I would therefore assume that this reference would be correct with either smooth or fluted pushers. Maybe the early examples had smooth pushers.
regards
Paul

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE