The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: My early version also has fluted pushers

Hi Chris,
Yes, the recesses for the pushers on my watch appear to be the same as example B. The case back is a smooth dome "snap on" type with semi circles engraved at the edge closest to one set of lugs. I believe the semi-circles indicate where the case is to be "pried" for opening during a service by a watchmaker with the appropriate tool or jewelers "knife". Look closely with lots of light and a loupe or magnifying glass and I'll bet you'll see them on your case back, too.
Cheers,
Steve

: Stephen,

: Is the recess for the pushers on your watch like the one on the
: right, example B?

: Photo copied form On The Dash
:
:

: and is your case back plain with no text? Mine is yes to both.

: Thanks!
: Chris

: : I am the second owner of my 2446C GMT and it, too, has fluted
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE