The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Playing with New Photo Set-Up . . . Nikon D300

Hi Jeff - good choice in camera. What lens are you using for the watches?
I think your lighting set-up is excellent which is evident from the pictures i.e. even illumination on the dial and no reflection off the glass. If you have Photoshop (Elements of CS...) I would suggest that you have a play with the levels. This is usually represented as a curve on a graph with dark, mid tone and light sliders. If you bring the dark and light slider inwards to the point of the curve where it just starts to rise you will get a better contrast and colour rendition. If you shot the image in RAW format you will need to sharpen.
There are lot of settings on the camera and fully automatic is one. To avoid disappointment and the potential wrath from the wife and family for messing up the pictures go for auto setting. That’s if you have not already read the 400-page user guide at least twice.
Regards
Paul
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE