The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Playing with New Photo Set-Up . . . Nikon D300 *PIC*

Looking good Jeff!

Just use auto, infinity for real depth of field and Macro when being creative. 60mm Macro is a brilliant lens, I use it... don't get too close... you don't need to... set size at over 2000k and quality to best below RAW. I used to use AC/DC for pic sizing but over teh years even though I am good with Photoshop I found that the Nikon Photo Studio software is very good. Adobe best for setting colours if a bit off..... Of course use tripod and auto timer which will give you the best results as you will know... one lst tip set the focus to centre point.

At the moment it is on full frame that is why you got full focus on bottom part of case and the dial is slightly out on 2nd pic. I agree with you re cameras... I used a Coolpix for probably 5,000 pics and it was amazing value for money but I have found that my Nikon D50 is probably the single best value for money thing I have ever... ever spent money on....

I just took this pic... in my garden... on a tripod, auto-infinity, no flash (never use it)

Good luck with it... any probs let me know but check out the Nikon software it really is very good..

Regards

Alistair

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE