The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monaco noir -- 256 016 to 256 486

Yes i think its a "good for now" to assume this is the range. I think the RE PVD guys might need a seperate register, i have one to add to it myself. some will have serials from parts cases, some will have none, all could be handled by notes i guess?

I think with original PVD's we expect to find the correct serials not clearly stamped but "under" the pvd, but visible with a loupe under magnification Jeff, in the same style as all the other Monaco serial numbers.

Rich

: Arno:

: We have seen eight to ten samples that fall within the 256016 to
: 256486 range; interestingly, these are "bunched", with
: several in the low end of the range (four of them between 016
: and 064), and several toward the high end of the range (four of
: them between 331 and 486) . . . we have not seen any in the
: middle of the range (none in the vast expanse between 064 and
: 331).

: Abel's is below this range, with a 255xxx serial number; I have
: never seen a blue or a gray in the range between 256016 and
: 256486, so I would guess that these 256xxx numbers were used
: exclusively for the black PVD guys.

: I will update my registry soon --
: http://www.onthedash.com/docs/RegistryMonacoPVD.html -- as
: there are a few to be added.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE