The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I am Happier happiest even with my originals

I remember the first time I was introduced to Tag Heuer (1992) a friend of mine had a fake in college in Philly. He said it was real another friend had the same watch and said he paid $60 and he also bought the other guy's watch in NY city. Needless to say that weekend I withdrew $100 dollars leaving $6 in the bank took Septa to the NJ Transit and arrived in Penn station intent on buying a fake SEL.

Well I got out of Penn station and saw Tourneau 34th & 7th. It was my first time in a high end watch store. I was in heaven I looked at all the others took as much literature spent half the day in the store trying on every watch with only $80 in my pocket.

Needless to say I did take the train to china town there was no comparison I saw tags from $20 - $150 and they did not come close to the real thing. I went back to Philadelphia without buying the fake.

When I graduated in 1995 I bought myself a silver tone 4000 automatic. It was a long wait but worth it. Meanwhile my friend with whom I am still close to this day is up to his 9th fake. I still have my 4000 as well as several other authentic pieces.

In the end I felt like he got ripped off after buying his seventh watch he could have had the 4000 automatic for the same price. I bought mine pre-owned form Tourneau for about $700. I love that word preowned.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE