The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
More Timewarp Details...! One more pic *PIC*
In Response To: Words fail me ... ()

Yes i think the most amazxing aspect for me is to see a dial that is literally in the condition it left the factory. Having looked under a loupe and under big magnification on a high res photo it is just flawless. I've seen quite a few Monacos in the past year and none come close to this one for mintness.

The colour of the dial isn't quite like any other Trans or chronomatic either, it's a very deep dark glossy blue, not even a hint of bleed on the edges or by the sub registers and for none of the lume to have discoloured and cracked is amazing. Even the hands and silver hour markers are 100% shiny and new, no oxidation. I think i may well have been the first person to open her, there was no eveidence of any marks on the inside case, i'm farily sure the hands have neverbeen taken off, its not one that has been put together for sure.

The other thing to note is that it is keeping time, didn't need a wind,just a gentle shake and off it went...

I have to say i havent taken my eyes from it for quite a while, just as well the wife is out - lol !

: Absolutely magnificant . Perfect time capsule piece that shows how
: it was back then.
: Very nice Richard - more photo's please
: - Darren
: -

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE