The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Great Discussion, Guys
In Response To: Great Discussion, Guys ()

Thanks Jeff and thanks to everyone who submitted their thoughts and ideas for my 'knockabout'. I'm afraid to say (as a newbie vintage Heuer fan ), the Seiko has clinched it and I have a black monster on it's way to me as we speak. I will get an orange one too as I couldn't decide which I preferred. I've also got a stainless steel 'mesh' bracelet on it's way to go on the forthcoming orange face and I will possibly get an orange nato band for the black one. A nice blend of colours and uses; one for gardening, DIY etc and one for swimming, and the whole lot for under £250!! Plenty of money left to go into the next Monaco pot. Then of course, there's the possibility of the getting the chapter rings swapped and then and then and then...

David H

: Thanks to David and all participants for a very interesting and
: informative discussion. With all the topics that we have
: discussed over the years -- from the Mappemundos to the
: Chronomatics, of gold, steel and even plastic -- it is amazing
: that we can keep coming up with such great topics.

: Well done!!

: Now, where do I find one of these awesome Seikos!!

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE