The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Little Credit indeed
In Response To: Little Credit. ()

Agree its tres poor. I have conversed with several people recently, who have purchased in good faith Monacos over the past several years and were shocked to find out they were either fake dials or incorrect in substantial ways. I can only imagine the sense of dissapointment they feel...

Some of the due diligence involved falls to customers, but frankly more shoul dfall on the retailers and auctioneers in my opinion

R

: Most professionals would have checked the watch before it was added
: to the auction. Unless their strategy is to air their
: half-organised catalogue and wait and see if someone pipes up
: with a comment.

: Putting together an auction is more than just co-ordinating the
: printing of nice brochures and organising canapes.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE