The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Memories of good times got me started
In Response To: What got you started? ()

What got me started? Memories of my youth where life was troublesome and easy. In those days my father- wo was an architect- bought an Autavia 3646 with dauphine hands. You can find it on the photo gallery as I took it over 15 years ago. Early 1972 he bought a Monaco 1133B and put the Autavia to rest for a while. He allowed me to use it to time laps with my mini racing track (Scalextric, Faller)! I was 12 then. Those were the days.

At a later stage we got asstranged ( not sure whether this is the correct wording) as my parents got divorced and my mum was left alone in a bad financial state. My dad got a relation with a woman who was the archetype of a "mean woman".Especially to us children who without doubt were biassed To cut a long story short, when my father deceased 10 years ago, she had managed to convince the notary to have his will changed and have it signed while he was not clear in his head anymore. She got it all, we were left with nothing. Not that it was much, but still ,all the memories!! The only thing she threw in my face ( literally) was the 1133b."Take that ugly srap". I will never forget that( better not tell what's it worth now!)

That's what got me started. I had it restored and started getting interested in Heuer. Now I have watches, boxes, adverts, Steve Mcqueen memorabilia, the works ( my dad was a great fan of Steve). I love it everyday. Also thanks to OTD of course. Without that, I am not sure how intesnive the hobby might have been. Already 10 years now!

Hope I did not bore you with the story.

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE