The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Haslinger Auction.. A question.

Mark

You have raised the $10,000 (or more) question.

The simple answer for the number of registered bidders is that men are lazy and shop last minute. Have you ever been to the mall in the 24th of December???

As for the values, you are no longer dealing with a commodity. Example, an Ebay Viceroy is worth $1200-$1500. Easy to value.

Every one of Arno's watchs is by virtue of being in his book a one of a kind. No longer a commodity but a single purchase of passion and very difficult to value.

As for the estimates itself some I see as expensive and some down right cheap.

Take Lot No: 41 MONACO Ref. 73633 G, 1971for example. At the low end we have $4800 for a NOS Monaco. Take into account that it has an original band and box that is worth
comfortably $1200 we have a NOS Monaco head for $3600!!! Yes I am aware that I need to add buyers premium but still a good price.

The dark horse in all this is the number of Rolex and Patek collectors that may be awakened to the joys of Heuer. The most expensive item in the auction has a high estimate of $24,000.
Nothing to a Patek collector.

The short answer to your question, not the first clue.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE