The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Haslinger Auction.. A question.

Morning all

I hate to point out a few obvious things but:

1. I rather suspect we will all be bidding against each other creating a slightly artificial price anyway irrespective of the Haslinger connection - how often does an ebay sale generate as many interested parties?

2. Are we going to see an awful lot of supposed Haslinger watches after the auction? Probably a very good idea to hang onto your Bonhams receipts if you do buy one. Mind you the scammers will no doubt conjure up some of their own anyway? Perhaps Arno will provide a letter of confirmation of sale for them all?

3. Whats the best bidding policy - buy what seems best value or buy what you like?

Rich - are your add on prices correct? I think its 20% buyers premium (not 15% unless they go over £250,000!). Is VAT chargeable on the sale value or only on the buyers commission? I cant fathom it out from Bonhams but suspect its only on the premium?

See you all at the sale - I'm registered & busy selling my house, cars & wife in anticipation. Just hope I remain sane & sober as the last charity auction I was at cost me £1000 for a tatty signed Liverpool shirt & I dont even support them.

John L

: Yep at the low end that'd the bargain of the year! I'll take
: several!

: Think the extras (although its not obvious due to the extensive
: small print) is + vat(17.5%) + 15/20% buyers premium.

: R

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE