The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Appropriate?
In Response To: Appropriate? ()

Hi Ron

I do see what you are saying, but Paolo is a nice chap and I suspect he is just paying homage to one of his heroes.

I can confess that a while back I had a hotmail address that paid homage to Bob Paisley (who many unfairly forget in comparison to "Shanks") the only manager to win 3 European cups and dominated the English football league for a decade, winning 6 titles. I can tell you that I meant no offence to the memory of Bob, but instead was proud of his accomplishments and what he/they meant to me.

I'm sure that's what we're talking about here...and i can see no problem with that, but as you say maybe things are different in different countries...

Either way the biggest draw for me on December 14/15th is sharing a drink and a laugh with Heuerists from all parts of the globe, even a crazy dutchman and a mad Italian or two ;-)

Cheers

Rich

: I know, the definition of good taste and manners may be different
: from country to country, sometimes even between the regions
: within one country.
: Or, I may have missed something...

: If I didn't miss it, I would like to ask this forum whether it is
: good taste and/or appropriate to choose the email address
: jackheuer@gmail.com to sell your Heuer product. Some of you may
: have seen it as well on the sales page. As far as I know Mr
: Heuer does not call himself "Paolo" ( or I am really
: getting old, missing a whole lot of info).

: What does the rest think of this, or am I taking this too serious
: here.

: Cheers

: Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE