The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Cadburys Fruit & Nut cases
In Response To: Re: Cadburys Fruit & Nut cases ()

The Silverstone case with its curves is clearly more feminine than the angular Monaco, but that's a long way from meaning it's a woman's watch! Maybe something for both genders - as Sandra showed recently, if worn confidently, it looks good on women too.

Heuer seemed only intermittently committed to providing watches specifically designed for women. I recall some from the early days of them producing wristwatches (I think Jarl has a Rose Watch Co branded example), but there then seems a bit of a gap until there are specific smaller sized divers. Perhaps a sign of the times as much as anything. Of course, for the 50s and much of the 60s, there probably wasn't much of an issue - early Carreras and the like were small enough to be comfortably unisex, but with the increase in size of "men's" watches, the accessability was a bit more limited.

Nowadays, with TAG-Heuer pretty much every watch seems to have an example for both genders, again maybe a sign of the times. There's no reason for gender inequality with products like this, but it still surprises how accepted it seems to have been only a few decades ago. I'll draw the line if we start seeing man bras though!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE