The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Warning to all collectors
In Response To: Newbie Looking for Info ()

Hi Markus, firstly welcome to this forum and secondly, as a new collector your concerns are valid and justified. The first piece of advice I can give is to ask the seller for a reference and check that reference. Secondly, do not use Western Union or Moneygram and only use bank transfer if you are in no doubt about the autheticity and honesty of the seller. Paypal is probably the safest means of payment and I see no reason why a seller would refuse. In some cases they may ask for the Paypal fee to be added to the sale price. At around 4% this is a small price to pay for that added security.

WARNING: In the current climate and the increased hype surrounding the brand scammers are coming out of the woodwork. There is a know scam where a "seller" has responded to a Would Like To Buy post on Chronocentric offering a high value Monaco. OK the scammer wasn’t very smart and used a well known OTD members pictures to illustrate the item he was willing to sell so he wasn’t fooling anybody with this trick but the fact is he picked up the lead from the sales forum. Its a shocking reminder that there are some dirty tricksters out there and caution, now more so than ever should be the only way to proceed on the purchase of a £120 end link or a £5000 Monaco.

Markus, you are welcome to email me if you have any further questions or wish to check out a seller.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE