The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Carrera Re-Edition or Omega Speedmaster

I think you'll find the Re-edition a tad more comfortable than the newer, automatic version.

Not only is it in a more compact package, it's a bit lighter than the newer Tag (or the Omega). This watch was a perfect fit for me as I felt a little self-concious wearing the Speedy.

I've had one for about a year (Silver dial) and have been very pleased with it - it's also a very smooth winding watch. A satisfying feel!

Good luck and enjoy the watch - if you've already read Chuck's Heuer page, then you've gotten the best presentation of this model's history and technical info.

Chris

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE