The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Enjoy your watch to the fullest, take care of herÉ

Well, I picked up my new Silver face Carrera ReEdition yesterday at Bicester, I had called round a few other dealers and no one would come down to under £1000, so the £975 at Bicester Outlet shop was best price.

Most firms still have to cover expenses and these stores realize that these watches are desirable and will hold on to them until someone who realizes it's worth the price of admission drops in the store.

I have to agree that it is a nicer watch to wear than the newer Carrera, a little bit smaller, especially as I haven't got a very big wrist.

It's a classic, Vintage or Re-Edition... The understated competitor of the Speedmaster Moonwatch.

I'm really pleased it, a work of art, well to me, and I think the perforated strap really sets the watch off nicely, so I was one very happy birthday boy yesterday.

I think the perf strap really makes the watch look sportier and much more in tune with it's motorsports inspiration. And the nice thing is that one can put on a variety of straps for different looks, and the Silver dial works well with tan and brown straps as well as black. For a more formal look try a plain black leather strap, for example.

Thanks again for everyones useful replies, a great forum.

Well, perhaps not yet, but we are striving towards that direction!

Though I perhaps I shouldn't keep reading it frequently otherwise I will end up wanting another watch and start collecting them...

Perhaps it is time to modify the masthead to include the prophetic phrase: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"

Tony

Enjoy your watch to the fullest, take care of her and remember that we never really own a watch, we only act as guardian for the next generation who will own it.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE