The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Transitional Monaco (Lot 26): Condition Not Ideal

I would also point out that some folks who inspected the Transitional Monaco (Lot 26), in the metal, were disappointed in the condition. By contrast, the Standard Monaco (Lot 99) appears to have been flawless. Seems that the true NOS / mint attracted largest premiums, whereas the Transitional may have "underperformed", because of its condition.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff, im suggesting that people may not understand the trans as
: much but i understand your noble defence of the trans, it wasn't
: a put down i can assure you ;-)

: I suspect you are correct re the advertising of this and have
: feedback that someone in the room stopped bidding when she found
: out it wasnt worn by Steve via a an OTD member. Bit naughty
: perhaps...

: Rich
: www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE