The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Hmm ?
In Response To: Re: Hmm ? ()

Hi,
Again, I repeat - : There are many people who post on here from all around the world, and English isn't always their first language.
Quickly typed comment may appear as 'harsh' to first language English speakers, but it clearly wasn't meant that way. In this high tech fast communication age, it is even a common sight to see first language English speakers replying on forums in short sharp bursts that leave out the finer points of a written language.

If the poster had said... " Ah, I remember this watch well, it's very unique and unusual. It was on another forum a few years ago and here was a discussion about whether the polished finish was original or not. There are certainly many admirers of this type of case, but most prefer the brushed upper surface"... you would not have been offended.

I think you have made the classic mistake of jumping the gun and presuming that the poster was being aggressive, this is not the case.

All the best
Stewart

: Thank you for you kind words.
: For some reason the whole tone of his post and critique was wrong:

: "This guy was under discussion a couple of years ago in NAWCC.
: Check http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?t=51699
: The lettering type on the dial looks OK for Bulova.
: The 1163 case looks not so nice in this overpolished version...
: "

: First of all why make a reference to a post made 2 years ago
: somewhere else ?
: Second I did not ask for opinions on the condition of the watch, I
: know what it is, I own it.
: Finally I am not in the habit of badmouthing other people's watches
: so this was quite surprising.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE