The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tag vs Heuer
In Response To: Executive ()

Fred,

I guess the question is desirable to whom. Not to me at least. I think you will find from a collector's standpoint that any watch with the Tag... logo is not as high on the wish list as a Heuer only logo watch. Not to be a snob or anything, but this site is really populated by folks that think the character of Heuer is shown and expressed by the earlier Heuer models.

All those "Link" model Tag watches don't do anything for me. I'd rather wear a nice Seiko Diver instead.

So I imagine that's not what you were looking for when you stopped by here, but it is the prevailing opinion on this site.

But to each his own. If that watch moves the earth for you and you are willing to give up going out to dinner for the rest of the year, or pass on that new digital whatever camera, then go for it, and we will be more than supportive in your quest.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE