The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: speaking as a car designer
In Response To: speaking as a car designer ()

The 458 Italia is way more forward thinking than this car, first off. Secondly, There is a reason so many people have compared it to the Z4 Coupe. Because it looks a lot like it. So I would say they haven't broken new ground with the "silhouette that everyone will be copying" especially since Audi and BMW have already been doing shooting break production cars already and the Panamera is also an ugly attempt to do the whole 4 seater GT coupe thing. So from my POV as a car blogger (www.automobiliac.com) and also a designer (not cars, but products) Ferrari is the last on the band wagon, not the first. The proportions of this new FF are rockin' though. The surfacing is more restrained than the abysmal, overcooked California. So I like that. But the front end is so hideous. Beyond hideous.
I like some the new Lotus stuff, by the way, but I have to say i like the new Esprit is my favorite of the new collection.

: It pushes ferrari design lightyears ahead from where it was...
: ferrari was stuck in the past with the 360 and alike trying to
: hommage ferraris like teh dino and 250... this gives them
: alongside the 456italia a foundation for design that can
: sprinngboard them back to modern beautiful cars... this
: siholuette will be copied by every other major manufacturer.. no
: doubt about that as if its now ok for ferarri expect audi a5
: shooting break etc.... compared to a porsche panamera.. theres
: no comparison in terms of aesthetics....

: i speak as a senior level designer working today, so im quite
: judgemental, however if someone whats to judge my work....

: here you can see it....

:
: http://autocartrends.com/lotus-new-generation-concept-releases-new-images/01-lotus-elise-concept/

: i styled the new elise concept....be kind... its quite a radical
: departure...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE