The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Lambelet
In Response To: Heuer Lambelet ()

: Who, or what, is Heuer Lambelet? Is it a
: subsidiary of Heuer, or a marketing ploy by
: Heuer to market a lower priced line?

: Your responses are appreciated.

Heurer & Lambelet is one of several watch names brands of defunct, but once well respected watch manfacturers, purchased by a Dallas based company. The company has it's own design team. The watches are sold on the internet to save overhead. Other brands include Louis Bolle, Lorelli, Rousseau, Invicta, Argenti and others. Only some of the Invictas and the Argentis are made in Swizerland by a noted watch maker and use Swiss parts. These are more expensive. The others use quality Citzen or Seiko watch parts and are assembled in China. Usually the movement is identified. If you are familiar with Citzen and Seiko movements, you will know how the watch will perform. This is a practice, of what we now call out-sourcing, watch companies have done for centuries. They would get the parts from one place, the case from another and assemble in a third. It makes sense to get the best at the least expense from a buiness standpoint. I own several of the watches and am very happy with them. For a fraction of the price, I get a well designed, well made watch with quality components.

The only thing not to believe the the outrageous MSRPs you see attcached many times to the descriptions. This comes from a watch seller's web site that sells over the internet. It has all the brands and sells them listed at the MSRP and discounts them by a couple hundred $. They also sell Rolexes and a couple of other high end makes. These are not discounted. The web site is operated by the maker to show that the MSRP is being sold by someone and they would be happy to sell you the discounted watches at the outrageous price. This gives legitimacy to the watches' MSRPs.

Bottom line: You can get a finely designed watch with quality parts at a fraction of what you would pay for a Citzen or Seiko. If I were to buy any of these, I would look closely at the Lorelli brand. They use the same parts as the others, but for some reason, sell for much less. Maybe it is the less than masculine name.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE