The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: watchmeisterin.....Jo Siffert
In Response To: Re: watchmeisterin..... ()

: Hi
: what 600 Heuers ??????????? and the last jo siffert sold by
: watchmeisterin was a fake one with ref.1163 V!!ยจ!!
: cheers
: Amer

Hi Amer
I have worked 30 years in Heuer and I have seen that watch too.I have delivered many watches to Watchmeisterin and also making Heuer service to their watches. I think you should know as an collector what is fake means???
When you have an old Heuer Jo Siffert watch and send to Tag Heuer for revision and service even they dont have the parts andmore. No Bezel, No Dials .
So in 1973 Heuer delivers 800 watches to company viceroy for the Cigarette sales and for their advertisement also Jo.Siffert models were inside and all these watches were V signed as well as Ref:1163 V. Here now you have learned something new again. I hae got this page from an Friend and I see what the people are writing and discussing .I see also many wrong informations in On The Dash homepage too.People are just trusting what an collector writes in his homepage and when some more collectors accept it .it becomes an collectors Bible but not even the truth. Even the Jo Siffert model had third generation that i have never seen people are writing about them .I think even they dont know it. They were made in 1984 by the end of Heuer becomes Tag Heuer.
regards
Jean

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE