The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
We miss Chuck
In Response To: Clearly, One of His Favorites ()

Yes the 510.523 was undoubtedbly among his Heuer favourites and one of his all-time, all-brands one from what I remember.
It has become one of mine as well since I've owned one, it's an amazing watch.
And I have become a L5100 nut myself - I dedicate my wearing a Heuer 510.500 today to Chuck's memory.

Never having had the fortune to meet Chuck, we did exchange a few e-mails and he was a very kind guy, always ready to help a chap out about a watch - actually, a chronograph.
We have wonderful hosts and contributors on the Internet now, but it is very hard to come close to the passion he put, always going the extra mile and contributing so much to so many places.

I definitely can subscribe to the famous "Chuck-made-me-do-it" tag line for a few of my purchases, and I can safely state he was the one who unawares tipped me over from watch owner to collector.
We surely miss him, and indeed he kinda lives on in the many fora he helped to start or contributed to flourish.
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE