The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Chuck Maddox: Third Anniversary of His Passing

i haven't been here in years. most of you won't remember me. i wanted to pay my tribute to Chuck. a personal thanks to Peter for reminding me.

allot has changed for me. i had allot of time to grow up and move in many different directions, but i still have all my heuers and wear them occasionally. my love for them is still there, but with a wife and a kid now.....my income hasn't kept up to allow me to continue the chase. so i had to stop and just enjoy what i have...but this isn't the time or place for that story.

i started here as a young man of sorts. knowing very little about chronographs. i made some very stupid posts early on and Chuck quickly straightened me out and helped me along in both posts, emails and a phone call or two many years ago. he taught me allot about chronographs at the same time quite a bit, unintentionally, about manners and etiquette. there were many posters i didn't like in various forums, but only a handful i did, and that unintentially influenced me. the first being Mr. Stein and opening my eyes to heuers with a post long ago on another forum about a seafarer...which i still own to this day. quickly chronographs became my focus and i couldn't get enough of them....and it was Chuck, who helped me the most and probably influenced me the most on other brands and details galore. he personally helped me secure a good deal on a new moon watch/speedmaster, even though he kept telling me a vintage was the way to go.

i will always remember his no b.s. attitude, but at the same time his politeness and civility, and his quest for accuracy, and detailing with referrences. it was a wonderful time reading and participating in various posts/forums with Chuck.

i was a very sad and tragic day when Chuck passed on, but it is wonderful his work is still available for new comers to read, and his influence is still with us as well as his memories.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE