The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm Married to the "Art Department"; Don't Trust the Artists

Anita worked in the Art Department of a couple of advertising agencies, before retiring to start the family / be at home with the kids. Let me assure you that the Art Department is a very different place from the Legal Department (or the Watchmaking Department). Drawing (with Rapidographs) / cut-and-paste (when done with Exacto knives and spray-mount) / similar disciplines allowed great liberties, even in the days before PhotoShop, etc.!!

Do not . . . repeat, do not . . . believe in anything you see coming from the Art Department . . . they are "creative", with all that implies!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I agree it further blurs the picture because of the listing ref
: number, but why would the art department use an 1163 when there
: is an 11630 right next to it? I guess there does not have to be
: strict logic in an art department, and considering how randomly
: Heuer acted in this period, the Heuer art department could have
: been doubly random....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE