The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 11630 GMT in 1163 Case

Interesting discussion. The next page in the 1972 catalogue we are referring to lists a 11630 GMT but illustrates a 1163 GMT and we all know that the 1163 GMT exists. The real puzzel for me is the decompression bezel on Darren's watch. It has a solid orange triangle. The later examples (11630 & 11063) had a lume dot in the triangle. The solid triangle is the one illustrated in the catalogue. I was under the impression although never put it to the test that a 1163 bezel has a different dimension to the 11630 and certainly the 11063. So it stands to reason that if we accept the bezel as being original and my gut feeling says it is, then it is conceivable that a 1163P did exist. I would like to think so as it is such a handsome watch but sadly I do not have one to prove the point. Darrens watch is just a dial away from the proof we need and that dial exists in the 11630P.
regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE