The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Like Them; Maybe Not 365 per Year, But Usually OK

I like these posts, at least on a weekly basis, and maybe more frequently, but probably not 365 per year . . . the recent string of daily WatchUWearing messages has been fine, to my eyes.

Today, we saw a watch that I had never seen posted here before -- the Monaco 24 -- and George C. was good enough to follow it up with a "running report". But for the WYW, we might have never seen this watch or read the story.

I believe that it's bad when a forum becomes nothing more than "This or That" postings [like Timezone, Public Forum], or covers the front page with stickies [like WatchUSeek, TAG Heuer], or has no life at all [like TimeZone TAG Heuer], but we seem to be doing very well lately, with some excellent discussions and information. So long as the "WatchUWaering" messages don't crowd out the substantive discussions, which doesn't seem to be a real risk right now, I think that they are fine. Of course, we should keep an eye on things, to check the balance every now and then.

I'm very interested in other opinions.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++

: Hi guys,
: the daily thread''what you wear today?''is very popular in Italians
: forums.
: It'a sort of virtual ''good morning''message with some good
: pics(the most important detail of every discussion)
: and a friendly occasion to share our passion.

: What's your opinion?

: If you don't like,no problem,i will stop posting.

: Please let me know your point of view.

: Regards.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE