The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I think they have their place in moderation

It's a very good way of getting reticent posters to post something - it's easier to reply to a "what are you wearing" as a first post than some in-depth research for sure. But I also like it when someone announces themself to the forum with something like that - the research Stewart did on the Heuer 12 springs to mind. I appreciate not everyone will post like that though, and it's interesting to note about it being a cultural difference between forums. I know some UK and US forums that actually ban "what are you wearing?" posts, which is an overreaction the other way.

And they can definitely spark some conversation, like Jeff picking up on George's Monaco 24, probably not something that might have been posted as a new acquisition type post. Maybe "Show us your TAGs" could be a future scan day theme, I'm sure quite a few of us have some tucked away in the collections.

I think what made me post on this one was that it was an interesting post in its own right, with the Andretti shots, and I didn't see why it even had to be a "What are you wearing?" type post. It never even occurred to me that they were like morning greetings.

In part it's because, a bit like Darren, I like to consume everything that's posted on here, even if it's not to my particular taste. And I can deal with a few watchuwearing posts, I just thought daily ones were a bit much!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE