The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: POLL:do you like ''what you wear today?''thread..or not?

I feel the more postings the better, regardless of what their focus is upon.
I would compare the forum topics to food :-

- the watchuwearing postings are candy - sweets little tid-bits you can devour in a few seconds or something you can really take your time over to enjoy

- informative listings are the main course (the meat and potato's of the Heuer diet) - these provide interesting snippets of information or truely indepth analysis of facts that we all gasp at when we realise they are correct (2 examples leap to mind recently - First was the posting by GVM's showing Jo Siffert with a different version of his watch on. Second was Stewart's observation the the tachy ring on the 11063V Autavia's had subtle differences.

- finally we have a sprinkling of news and modern with focus on Tag Heuer - these to me are supplementary vitamins. They may well not be the focus of our eyes when we first scan the new listings on the forum but they create balance and keep is from becoming stale trapped in a vintage only world.

In summary we are all able to click onto the the forum listings we want to see and are able to leave the ones that dont appeal.
For my own part i am one of the forum members that is likely to wear 3 different watches over 3 days (paticularly if i'm off work) but i would be unlikely to contribute pictures to all 3 days in a row to a watchuwearing posting. You can be sure of one thing , however, i'm damn certain to read every single article that lands on the forum.
If you have made it to this point of my posting i guess you may also be one of those that reads every word this forum produces.

Long live Heuer Chronocentric - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE