The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: case refinishing
In Response To: Re: case refinishing ()

: Thanks John, Opinion well taken! The it can only be original once
: statement is used with vinatge cars as well. I suppose the thing
: to do is buy the best original watch your money can buy.
: Regards,

Personally I wear all my watches, and so being refinished is not so important
-if a watch is new or refinished I find it gets worn less as i dont want to knock it. I recently discussed it with my local jeweller on an old heuer 2446 that looks to have not been refinished, considering its 40 years old its in very good condition but not like new, as such i will wear it, if i had it refinished i would be less inclined. An example of this is on www.watchclub.com they have the same watch but has been refinished to look great, but has lost its shape on the lugs and that will never come back, its a shame.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE