The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: case refinishing - don't forget Abel Court's talent . .
In Response To: case refinishing ()

While I am pretty much in complete agreement with everyone else's comments, there is one major exception. Abel Court. This craftsman has developed a (secret) method of refinishing the brushed finish on latter Autavia's (1163, 11630, 11063, case styles) that is beyond reproach. He has mastered the art of maintaining sharp edges while restoring what is the almost jewel like sheen of the Autavia's top brushed surface. He is also equally as good (talented) when refinishing Monaco cases, in my opinion. I would have no trepidation allowing him to refinish any Autavia or Monaco I might acquire in the future and would not hesitate to recommend him doing the same for you. He is the master of Autavia/Monaco case refinishing!

: My local watch repair shop mention watch cases are being refinished
: like the dials. The visible grain in the metal that most hope is
: there (some times polished out) when purchasing a preowned watch
: can be refinished. Although the watch shop did not offer the
: service he did state like anything else, experience is required.
: Taking off too much metal, not having the sharp edges that some
: models had when new where some of his concerns. Does anyone have
: any experience with this? If so any recommendations who can
: provide quality work or other things I should be considering.
: Regards,

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE